When someone asks you, "A penny for your thoughts" and you put your two cents in . . what happens to the other penny?



Monday, September 8, 2008

A perpl-EGGS-ing Conundrum

Saturday morning I woke up feeling a little more vibrant than having just my normal couple bowls of cereal for breakfast.


I decided I was going to scramble some eggs.


(Now I am begging for anyone to add any insight whatsoever to the following situation...)



I grab the egg carton out of my midget-size fridge. Open it up and crack the first egg. Looks delicious. Can't wait to cook it.


Grab the second egg and crack it. I crack it. Crack Crack CRACK it. Um. It won't crack. ? I had to peel the shell off. The egg was entirely frozen.




Has anyone in their entire life seen a frozen egg?

So not only did the perplexity of the frozen egg confound me, but then I thought: What's wrong with that one? Why did only that ONE freeze, and not the egg EXACTLY next to it freeze too?

It's not like they were in different fridges or even different cartons.

Is my wussy little half-pint fridge SO non-conducive that it can't even keep eggs decently?

Here's an arial view for your viewing pleasure:





And yes, I did eat it. I didn't care. I'm poor. I figured (hoped) that just the trans-morphing of the egg's property of matter wouldn't compromise the nutritive integrity of it...


No comments:

Post a Comment