When someone asks you, "A penny for your thoughts" and you put your two cents in . . what happens to the other penny?



Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ode to Mother's

In an earlier post, I made a comment about the upcoming holiday season, and the joy I had of anticipating eating Gingerbread Men.
Well Thanksgiving came and went, and I could not find my Gingers ANYWHERE. I went to probably 12 different store chains trying to find them.
No deal.
So I resorted to trying to order them online. Come to find out, when you google for Mother's Gingerbread Men Cookies, you can find several different news articles about Mother's Cookies, inc. being one of the many businesses to be killed by this woeful economy.
Sigh.
Mother's Cookies was established in 1914. Since that time, I can only imagine the millions of women who, like myself, would derive pleasure from decapitating Ginger Men.
But alas, today's economy has no respect for Centurian companies, or compassion for women who like to release their disdain of Men on baked male-shaped-goods.
So Mother's, with heartfelt appreciation, I bid you adieu.

1 comment: