When someone asks you, "A penny for your thoughts" and you put your two cents in . . what happens to the other penny?



Friday, May 16, 2008

Guff

Every now and then an innocent bystander gets caught up in one of my meaningless rants.
This is a.k.a. my guff.
It is nonsense airy matter that doesn't mean anything to anyone but me. It's a soliloquy of sorts, mainly gripes, that once spewed from my brain, I roll it up in a ball, and throw it in my proverbial drawer, usually never to be brought up again.

Guff for the day:
Today I was running short of time on my lunch break so I stopped at the KFC drive-thru and ordered one of my favorites of all time.
The KFC Kid's Laptop meal.
The Laptop Meal is one of the most exquisite of all children-sized fast food meals. It doesn't come in a regular cardboard cube or a measly bag. Oh no. It is a cardboard laptop. You open the lid, and instead of finding keys and a screen, you find your meal, and entertaining trivia and activities where the screen would be on a normal laptop.
Besides the sheer pleasantness of the aesthetics, the meal itself was perfect. For a mere $2.99, you could get a drink, two tender chicken strips, your choice of a side (normally potato wedges or mashed potatoes), a dessert of some kind (a jello cup, fruit roll-up, etc), AND a granola bar.
Totally awesome.
So I ordered my Laptop meal and drove off. Of course being starving and in a rush, I opened my laptop while driving, and lo-and-behold... not only did they forget my fruity refreshment, they had only put ONE chicken strip in my laptop.
OH NO THEY DI'NT!
I drove around the block and pulled through the drive-thru again all the way to the "Pay Here" window. The lady, confused, opened the window with a dirty glance. I declared "You left out my fruit snack and only put one chicken strip in my laptop!" and simultaneously opened my cherished cardboard treasure to show her the evidence.
Annoyed, she states "Yah. That's all you get now."
Oh if there was one time in my life that I was so infuriated at our staggering economy, this was the day.
How dare they.

1 comment:

  1. Dang that KFC. The laptop meal is also my fave. We were surprised in Pendleton on our way home after Thanksgiving by the one-strip kids meal lacking a fruity refreshment. However, in our area, all the KFCs still give you 2 chicken strips! So you'll just have to come visit me and I'll buy you a 2-strip meal.

    ReplyDelete